The Legend is the replica of the Circle Y saddle that Martha herself custom designed and still rides in daily. This saddle sits you down on the approach to the barrel, enabling you to push your horse further up into the turn. It keeps you from being thrown forward. The 1″ taller swell means the built up front end gives you more balance on the approach to a barrel. Not only are Josey Ultimate saddles some of the best looking saddles on the market, they are made and tested thoroughly to make sure they are exactly what barrel racers are looking for; forward hung stirrups to keep your feet in front of you and YOU in control, deep seats to keep you in your saddle, higher fronts to keep you from going forward. The Legend has a faux gator bicycle seat, copper swell plates, copper conchos, and copper accents. It’s a beauty! Choose from rich chocolate leather as shown or dynamic antique color.
The Legend is built on Josey’s signature ULTIMATE wood tree designed to Martha Josey’s personal style and preferences available in regular or wide fits. Generally, we recommend a regular for a horse with a defined wither and a wide for a horse with a round, or mutton, wither. These saddles have proven themselves to fit a wide range of horses. For more detailed information, please view our SaddleFittingGuide-CircleY2016.pdf
• Ultimate tree designed to Josey’s personal style and peferences
• Free swing, forward hung stirrup leathers to keep feet forward preventing the rider from being thrown forward and off balance
• Pre-set fenders to help your foot sit correctly
• 4” forward slanted horn helps to push down into your turn and pull up coming out of your turn
• Center Pocket Seat for centering and balance keeps rider in stride with the horse
• Roughout seat jockeys and fenders provide grip for a more secure seat
• Pay Window Swells keeps rider in correct position to hold the horn and keeps the horn available
• 3” wide aluminum rubber grip stirrups for comfort and balance
• Cantle keeps you from getting behind the horse’s stride. The seat is dished so you sit in the seat and not on it, allowing you to stay in stride with the horse
“Quality, Craftsmanship, Style… Demand the best – I do! I’ll only ride in a Circle Y because of the way the saddles fit our horses and help riders from beginner to advanced keep a correct seat.” – Martha Josey
Martha Josey is a living legend within barrel racing through her competitive accomplishments and also through her highly sought after year-round clinics. She is am 11-Time NFR Qualifier Barrel Racer, NFR World Champion 1980, WPRA and NBHA Champion, Olympic Gold Medalist Barrel Racer, and Clinician.